Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here we go ...

We have been "waiting for funding" (the eternal bane of I.T. start-ups!) for quite a while, as the better part of a dozen Venture Capital entities looked us over, and having Big Project after Big Project just stacking up awaiting the dollars through the door to get these things started. Well, finally one of these guys "pulled the trigger" and, like a dam breaking, we're now hitting the ground at the speed of sound.



One of these (and rather central to my upcoming activities) is our participation at the Spring 2008 Virtual Worlds conference in New York. We had hoped to have been the "lead sponsor", but time got past us, and another company got that, but we're going to be a "Gold" sponsor with some other options added on.

Aside from builds that we're developing for clients (such as Club Mannequin {LINK} and the stuff I've been writing about of late), we also have some Very Exciting Projects that we're developing in-house, and one of these we're planning on "officially unveiling" at the Virtual Worlds show!

Of course, in the eternal twist of phrase by The Rutles, "All You Need Is Cash" ... and now that the cash is on hand, ALL of the parts (press kit covers, pamphlets, booth design, promotional items, travel plans, etc., etc., etc.) need immediate attention, and we have only 9 weeks before we get on a plane! I just booked our exhibit package today, and have a printer coming in to give us some quotes tomorrow, etc.



It's amazing that I haven't been back to New York in as long as it's been. I grew up on the Upper East Side (from ages 2-9) and used to go back either for business or to hang out with friends several times a year. I don't know if the last time I was there was for the Kalachakra Initiation that the Dalai Lama gave at Madison Square Garden back in 1991, or a trip my wife and I did out there sometime around then (we went to see Blue Man Troupe when they were still only at their little theater in lower Manhattan), but in either case it's been nearly 20 years since I've been back.

Needless to say, I'm excited ...

No comments: