Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Speaking of pyramids ...

I first found the Visit Mexico build (as discussed yesterday) when searching for the Xibalba site (LINK) after it got bumped off of the old Info Island when they were making room for more universities.


"Xibalba" (pronounced something like "shih-bal-ba") is the name of the Mayan Underworld, and it's a project in-world for presenting Mayan culture. The main feature is a virtualization of the Temple of the Inscriptions from Palenque (which is also being re-created at the Mexico build), including a mini-museum inside the pyramid:



I figured that since I was "on the subject" I might as well pass along this place as well. Oh, and if you do go over there, don't miss the 200m-high tower with the Mayan murals on it ... I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it's one of those odd things you find in S.L.!

No comments: