Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eschatos M.I.A.???

Well, not exactly, but the RL me was very ill the end of January (a viral infection in the ear had triggered a bad bout of Vertigo which was initially thought to have possibly been a stroke!), and I was so backed up on stuff that this past week was pretty much a blur, leaving me precious little time to do anything interesting in-world or to blog about anything else.

However, one of the projects that I just got done yesterday (yep, working all day on Saturday) was finally getting a bit of machinima edited. There were all sorts of issues about this, from sourcing to codecs, but I finally got everything pulled together by about noon on Saturday, so that we could embed this into a PowerPoint that's going out with the Club Mannequin team to the "MAGIC" (fashion industry) convention in Las Vegas next week. Simuality boss Hendry Goldkey liked the edit job on this so much that he wanted me to get it up on YouTube, etc., so I figured I'd share it here as well ...



I ended up doing the voice-over for Keen Marksman on the front of this, so that's what I sound like (I'm sure that will elicit some confusion at some point). This will be part of an introductory presentation for Club Mannequin (LINK) to various designers who will be the "fashion partners" in the club and the new showroom complex (Mannequin is soon to be expanding from one sim with the Club to four sims, centered on the club {which we'll then be able to get lots more people in} and with designer showrooms around the periphery!)

Anyway ... I didn't do the music video here, just the intro part (and a bit of editing). One of these days I'm going to have a more "machinima-friendly" computer at the office that will allow me to do stuff like get rid of the "screen capture" elements, and have tools for smoother zooms, etc., but this is pretty good for what I presently have to work with!

No comments: